PMI Nigeria


Experts Harp On Project Mgt As PMI Nigeria Holds Conference, Award Night

By Leadership Nigeria                                                                           Dec 01, 2021

Experts from different walks of life, at the behest of the Nigeria chapter of the Project Management Institute (PMI), have outlined the panacea for infrastructural and technological development, through project management, in all sectors of the economy.

At a recent conference/award night organised by the institute, themed, ‘Nigeria: An Ecosystem of Change Makers’, in Lagos, facilitators took turns to discuss opportunities in technology, project management and infrastructure development in Nigeria.

In a recent press statement signed by the president of the institute, Paul Omugbe, he said that, “Project Management Institute (PMI) is the world’s leading association for those who consider project, programme or portfolio management as their profession.

“PMI Nigeria’s advocacy for project management is reinforced by our globally recognised standards and certification programme, extensive academic and market research programmes, chapters and communities of practice, and professional development opportunities.”


Speakers at the conference included co-founder, Structured Resource Business Limited, Ademola Adedeji; MD, PMI Europe & Sub-Sahara Africa Region, Ashwini Bakshi; Transformation/Change Mgt Lead Corporate Strategy, Dangote Industries Ltd, Adeola Akande; Head of Property, Standard Chartered, Anne Rinu; CEO,, Rotimi Thomas; Head, Youth Engagement & Learning, Jobberman, Precious Ajoonu; Founder, Signal Alliance Technology Holding, Collins Onuegbu; CEO, Nord Automobiles Limited, Tobi Ajayi; Investment Evangelist, Michael & Johnson Asset Management, Ete Ogun; Co-founder, Emergency Response Africa, Folake Owodunni; Data Center Computer Systems, Dell Tecnologies, Tolulope Fadamitan; Executive Director, Media Investments & Sponsorships, Omnicom Media Group, Yinka Adebayo; CEO, CWG Plc, Adewale Adeyipo; and Partner, Olajide Oyewole, Solape Peters.

Head, Youth Engagement and Learning, Jobberman, Precious Ajoonu, who was one of the panelists, said: “it is not about activity but about result and how technology has worked. I sit in my kitchen and I am able to train people from every part of Africa.”

For Tolulope Fadamitan, another panelist, “the guys in the security space have tried to transform people. COVID-19 has helped many to do what they are meant to be doing in five years now. As project managers, you are not only working with people locally but also with people at the international stage.”

In her opinion, the Transformation/Change Management Lead, Corporate Strategy, Dangote Industries Limited, Adeola Akande, emphasised that “transformation is a process and a journey everyone needs to do everything to grow. Ensure you are growing. There is a lot of disruption going on out there but we can do it. Be encouraged and we will get there.”

Solape Peters, who spoke on the topic, ‘Infrastructure Development in Nigeria: An Opportunity for the Private Sector’, said: “75 per cent of the country’s budget is on recurrent expenditure. The rest 25 per cent cannot be enough and that is why it behoves on the private sector to come in.”

A dinner/awards evening was held too, witnessing facilitators and notable personalities being awarded and greeted by a resounding applause from attendees.

Facilitators awarded were Ademola Adedeji, Yinka Adebayo, Adeola Akande, Anne Rinu, Rotimi Thomas, Precious Ajoonu, Collins Onuegbu, Tobi Ajayi, Ete Ogun, Folake Owodunni, Tolulope Fadamita, Ashwini Bakshi, Adewale Adeyipo and Solape Peters.

Corporate organisations who went home with plaques included CPMS Limited, Dexnova Consulting, Management Edge, Olabod Project Consult, Federal Inland revenue service (FIRS) and Seven-Up Bottling Company.

Award of Recognition for their outstanding contribution to the growth of PMI in Nigeria went to some personalities — Ayodeji Ishmael, Deji West, Ike Nwankwo, Rosemary Imhanwa, Lambert Ofoegbu, Titilola Park, Adewole Oriade, Nathaniel Togun and Isioma Isiekwenagbu.

Founded in 2005, PMI Nigeria is a professional project management membership organisation with over 700 members and professional resources and research empowering more than 700,000 members, credential holders and volunteers in nearly every country in the world to enhance their careers, improve their organisations’ success and further mature the profession.

Related Posts
You May Also Like
Sept 28, 2021

Agile is not one size fits all. Our Disciplined Agile certifications will teach you how to identify…

Sept 21, 2021

The Project Management Office (PMO) is an important aspect of successful project and program delivery.

Sept 15, 2021

Coming out of the pandemic, who doesn’t need a little inspiration? PMI has the perfect tonic: the new Make Reality